Organized by the Turtle Conservation Project- Sri Lanka
The World Beach Month is celebrated worldwide on the month of September. In line with the World Beach Month, the “Sagara Soba-2021” (Scenic Ocean) Art Competition organized by the Turtle Conservation Project is scheduled to take place within the month of September. School children from Ages 5-18 are welcome to participate in this month-long venture into capturing the beauty of the marine environment.
Theme: The wonderful elements in the marine environment including, but not limited to marine animals, mangrove habitats, coral reefs, seagrass beds, sunsets, beach, human activities by the coast, etc.
Kindergarten (5-7 Years) Junior (11-14 Years)
Primary (8-10 Years) Senior (15-18 Years)
Common Medium (Crayon, Watercolour, Colour Pencils, etc.)
Digital Media (Only open to Age groups between 11-14 and 15-18 years)
Deadline: 7th of October 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
All submissions must be uploaded to https://forms.gle/P8SdasYTVKszxxyF8
|Age Group||Common Mediums||Digital Media|
|1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place||1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place|
|Kindergarten (Ages 5-7)||Rs. 7500||Rs. 5000||Rs. 2,500||–||–||–|
|Primary (Ages 8-10)||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 7,500||Rs. 5,000||–||–||–|
|Junior (Ages 11-14)||Rs. 12,500||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 7,500||Rs. 12,500||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 7,500|
|Senior (Ages 15-18)||Rs. 15,000||Rs. 12,500||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 15,000||Rs. 12,500||Rs. 10,000|
Rules & Regulations
- The size of the artwork must be 35×45 cm.
- All participants must attach a clear and well-lit JPG/JPEG image/photograph of the artwork to this Google Form: https://forms.gle/P8SdasYTVKszxxyF8
- Please check http://www.sltcp.org/ website for more information on filling the Google Forms document.
- All artwork MUST be submitted by the 7th of October 2021 by 11:59 p.m.
- Only one artwork submission is permitted per contestant.
- The submitted artwork MUST be an original artwork of the student.
- Contestants cannot submit artwork for both categories (digital media & Watercolour/ Crayon)
- Students directly related to any employee of the TCP or the Judging Panel will not be able to participate.
- All submissions not adhering to competition rules will not be considered.
- All contestants will be judged according to their Age Groups.
- The Digital Media entries will be judged separately according to the two Age Groups Junior (11-14 years) and Senior (15-18 years).
- An independent panel will be used for judging. The Judges’ decision will be final.
- All submitted artwork will become property of the Turtle Conservation Project.
*The Winners are scheduled to be announced by the 30th of October 2021.
*Please check http://www.sltcp.org/ website for more information on the competition.
*Contact 0723279990 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on weekdays for any clarifications.
|English Poster||Sinhala Poster||Tamil Poster||Rules and
|How to Submit